Coordinator of Program
PhD. Erlis Çela[email protected]
About the program
The program of Master of Science in Communication Sciences, with a concentration in Public Relations and Journalism is designed to provide to students an intellectual background, expounding conceptual varieties and perspectives in communications, journalism, public relations and similar fields.
The program of Master of Science in Communication Sciences with a concentration in Public Relations profile offers advanced studies in the field of communication and media, conflict mediation, the image of organizations and companies, employee relations and public campaigns etc. Graduates of this program will have advantages in the field of public relations, and will be more likely to succeed in career prospects in leadership, corporate communications and events management.
The program of Master of Science in Communication Sciences; Public Relations profile lasts two academic years, divided into four semesters, and has a total of 120 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System). 1 ECTS = 25 hours.
Students receive a diploma entitled "Master of Science in Communication Sciences with a concentration in Public Relations", after accomplishment.
The mission of the Department of Communication Sciences is to prepare qualified individuals in the field of journalism, communication, public relations and similar fields, through an educational philosophy that is based on universal values, as well as supporting scientific research, in order to implement ideas and projects that directly affect the improvement of human life and society at large, in accordance with modern technology developments in the field of communication.
The Department of Communication Sciences will bring innovation in training methodologies and preparing students through a good interweaving of theory and practice within contemporary conditions and opportunities. The academic staff is fully dedicated to its mission, in terms of changing global society and the rapid development of modern technologies involving media communication field. The department will encourage the students to love and respect their country and will support everyone's commitment to independent and free media, with a transparent and honest communication based on deontological principles of ethics.
- Prepare highly skilled people to work in media and public relations;
- To provide deep education and training to graduates in the field of public relations;
- To enable them to create a transparent profile look for communication in Albania, in accordance with European experience and concepts;
- Program will offer concrete alternatives for the development of media based on national strategy and give its essential contribution in creating new elite of communication.
- understand and apply the principles and laws of freedom of speech and press for the country;
- demonstrate an understanding of the history and role of professionals and institutions in shaping communications;
- demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of peoples and cultures and of the significance and impact of mass communications in a global society;
- understand concepts and apply theories in the use and presentation of images and information;
- demonstrate an understanding of professional ethical principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity; think critically, creatively and independently;
- write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the communications professions, audiences and purposes they serve;
- critically evaluate their own work and that of others for accuracy and fairness, clarity,
- demonstrate competency in the role of communications in organizational environments of all types.
At the end of the program “Master of Science in Communication Sciences / Public Relations Profile”, students will be able to:
- demonstrate in-depth academic and professional knowledge and skills in the field of communication and public relations,
- advance knowledge about social research methods with a more focused focus on communication and its effects,
- apply advanced methods of communication with the public and the community, and compare contemporary theoretical approaches in these areas,
- demonstrate skills for the effective interpretation and realization of the message through various forms of communication, such as verbal communication, written and visual communication, using new technologies,
- assess theoretical approaches to the concept of interactive audiences and assess differences in audience relationships with the mass media and new media,
- apply statistical methods in the service of various researches for purposes related to public relations and public communication,
- design and manage plans and strategies in the field of public relations and marketing communication,
- acquire in-depth knowledge in the field of intercultural communication and analyze communication in multicultural and multireligious societies,
- demonstrate knowledge of historical developments in the field of aesthetics, discourse and communication norms.
Graduates of this program can continue an academic career, manage and participate in research projects can work as spokespersons, leaders, specialists and consultants in public relations, and marketing specialists and analysts in media.