Coordinator of Program
PhD. Erlis Çela[email protected]
About the program
The program of Master of Science in Communication Sciences, with a concentration in Public Relations and Journalism is designed to provide to students an intellectual background, expounding conceptual varieties and perspectives in communications, journalism, public relations and similar fields.
- Prepare highly skilled people to work in media and public relations;
- To provide deep education and training to graduates in the field of public relations;
- To enable them to create a transparent profile look for communication in Albania, in accordance with European experience and concepts;
- Program will offer concrete alternatives for the development of media based on national strategy and give its essential contribution in creating new elite of communication.
- understand and apply the principles and laws of freedom of speech and press for the country;
- demonstrate an understanding of the history and role of professionals and institutions in shaping communications;
- demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of peoples and cultures and of the significance and impact of mass communications in a global society;
- understand concepts and apply theories in the use and presentation of images and information;
- demonstrate an understanding of professional ethical principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity; think critically, creatively and independently;
- write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the communications professions, audiences and purposes they serve;
- critically evaluate their own work and that of others for accuracy and fairness, clarity,
- demonstrate competency in the role of communications in organizational environments of all types.
- demonstrate in-depth academic and professional knowledge and skills in the field of communication and public relations,
- advance knowledge about social research methods with a more focused focus on communication and its effects,
- apply advanced methods of communication with the public and the community, and compare contemporary theoretical approaches in these areas,
- demonstrate skills for the effective interpretation and realization of the message through various forms of communication, such as verbal communication, written and visual communication, using new technologies,
- assess theoretical approaches to the concept of interactive audiences and assess differences in audience relationships with the mass media and new media,
- apply statistical methods in the service of various researches for purposes related to public relations and public communication,
- design and manage plans and strategies in the field of public relations and marketing communication,
- acquire in-depth knowledge in the field of intercultural communication and analyze communication in multicultural and multireligious societies,
- demonstrate knowledge of historical developments in the field of aesthetics, discourse and communication norms.