Coordinator of Program
PhD. Erlis Çela
About the program
The program of Master of Science in Communication Sciences, with a concentrations in Journalism and Public Relations is designed to provide to students an intellectual background, expounding conceptual varieties and perspectives in communications, journalism, public relations and similar fields.
Program of Master of Science in Communication Sciences, with concentration on Journalism, provides advanced studies in the fields of media and communication, conflict mediation, image, employee relations and public campaigns etc. Graduates of this program will have advantages in the field of journalism, and will have more advantages in the career prospect.
The program of Master of Science in Communication Sciences; the Journalism profile lasts two academic years, divided into four semesters, and has a total of 120 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System). 1 ECTS = 25 hours.
Students receive a diploma entitled "Master of Science in Communication Sciences with a concentration in Journalism", after accomplishment.
The mission of the Department of Communication Sciences is to prepare qualified individuals in the field of journalism, communication, public relations and similar fields, through an educational philosophy that is based on universal values, as well as supporting scientific research, in order to implement ideas and projects that directly affect the improvement of human life and society at large, in accordance with modern technology developments in the field of communication.
The Department of Communication Sciences will bring innovation in training methodologies and preparing students through a good interweaving of theory and practice within contemporary conditions and opportunities. The academic staff is fully dedicated to its mission, in terms of changing global society and the rapid development of modern technologies involving media communication field. The department will encourage the students to love and respect their country and will support everyone's commitment to independent and free media, with a transparent and honest communication based on deontological principles of ethics.
- Prepare successful graduates with developed professional skills in the field of journalism and media in general.
- Prepare highly skilled people to work in media, public relations and in investigative media;
- Prepare motivated professionals to run the media and to inform the public with real and unbiased information.
- To provide deep education and training to graduates in the field of journalism
- To enable them to create a transparent profile look for communication in Albania, in accordance with European experience and concepts;
- Try to build a new status of a journalist in terms of new economic-political-social developments present today;
- Program will offer concrete alternatives for the development of media based on national strategy and give its essential contribution in creating new elite of communication.
At the end of the program “Master of Science in Communication Sciences / Journalist Profile”, will be able to:
- demonstrate in-depth academic and professional knowledge and skills in the field of communication and journalism,
- advance knowledge about social research methods with a more focused focus on communication and its effects,
- apply advanced methods of communication with the public and the community, and compare contemporary theoretical approaches in these areas,
- analyze the structure of links between the media, government and other interest groups and assess the impact that these relationships have on media freedom and full public information,
- compare different media systems and apply critical analysis to the differences between these systems and their social impact,
- acquire in-depth knowledge in the field of intercultural communication and analyse communication in multicultural and multireligious societies,
- assess theoretical approaches to the concept of interactive audiences and assess differences in audience relationships with the mass media and new media,
- compare philosophical approaches to ethics and morality and analyse media ethical dilemmas from the perspective of technological developments in the field,
- acquire knowledge on the concepts of political marketing, as well as design and implement communication plans for political communication,
- evaluate the role of research, polls, candidate image and the role of the media in the success of political campaigns.
Graduates of this program can continue an academic career, manage and participate in research projects, work as journalists, reporters, editors, correspondents, analysts and executives in media outlets, as well as media spokesperson and advisor.
|1||COM 401||Advanced Research Methods I||Albanian||A||48||100||3.00||6|
|2||COM 421||Political Marketing - Tools, Techniques, Strategies||Albanian||B||48||102||3.00||6|
|3||COM 403||Identities and Mass Communication||Albanian||B||48||102||3.00||6|
|4||COM 411||Media and Politics||Albanian||B||48||102||3.00||6|
|5||COM 413||Aesthetic Thought and Relationship with Art||Albanian||C||48||94||3.00||6|
|1||COM 402||Advanced Research Methods II||Albanian||A||48||102||3.00||6|
|2||COM 412||Media and Ethics||Albanian||B||48||102||3.00||6|
|3||COM 422||Communication and Management of Institution Brand Identity||Albanian||B||48||102||3.00||6|
|4||COM 416||Intercultural and Inter-Religious Communication||Albanian||B||48||102||3.00||6|
|5||COM 414||Epoch and Intercultural Brand||Albanian||C||64||86||4.00||6|
|1||COM 501||Translation Theories||Albanian||B||48||102||3.00||6|
|2||COM 513||News, Power and Truth Relationship||Albanian||D||48||102||3.00||6|
|3||COM 521||Media Marketing||Albanian||B||64||86||4.00||6|
|COM 557||International Communication||Albanian||D||48||102||3.00||6|
|COM 563||Public, Audiences and Media Consumators||Albanian||D||48||102||3.00||6|
|COM 523||Campaign Conceptualizing and Management||Albanian||B||48||102||3.00||6|
|COM 569||Advertisement and Promotion||Albanian||D||64||86||4.00||6|
|COM 521||Media Marketing||Albanian||B||64||86||4.00||6|
PDF (Albanian) PDF (English)